CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 16, 2009

American Girl!

We went on an early birthday trip for Lily Wen to Atlanta. All she wanted for her birthday this year was to go to this store so I took my American Girl to the American Girl boutique.
The anticipation...
Take the picture Mom....I'm ready to go in
She took her bitty baby DeeDee. The night before we went, I could hear Lily Wen talking to her baby and telling her about going to meet her sister. Little did I know that she was on her very own adoption journey. She knew exactly which baby she wanted and she had already named her, Rosey.
A forever family, Lily, Dee Dee and Rosey
The new Mommy
So I guess this makes me a Grandmother. I mean I am old enough to be a grandmother. I just didn't think that it would happen while my daughter was turning 6!
Yes, Rosey was taken care of even when her Mommy took a "break"
Lily Wen coming home dressed like her baby.
We got to stop and take cousin Caroline to dinner. FUN FUN FUN!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How precious. IF you ever make it down here again, we will have to meet!

Jboo said...

Awww -- that is so sweet! She looks like such a great Mommy to her two little girls! Makes me kind of wish we had an AG store nearby!

Hope you all have a great week!

janet

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

That was the sweetest post! Happy Birthday Lily Wen!!! Lily Wen looks awefully beautiful in her outfit!

Blessings,
Robin

Patientlywaiting said...

We visited that very store not that long ago! Thankfully, Claire is still young enough so she didn't get too excited. We do have a Christmas surprise for her that we snuck out of the store! What a great way to spend a birthday!

Hugs,
Robin

Kristin said...

How cute! So glad you had a great trip to ATL even if I didn't get to see you. :-(

We will one day!