CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 2, 2009

February is for Friends!



I received this lovely award from my friend Kristin at A Family is Forever and I was completely flattered. I have not blogged as much lately as I have been going through a difficult time personally. Some of my favorite bloggy friends keep checking in on me though and pulling me back. I am hoping that I will find the words soon to share but for now I want to thank those that inspire me.
Here are the rules: "These blogs are exceedingly charming.These kind bloggers aim to find friends and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships will be propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly- written text into the body of their award."




It was hard to chose only eight but here goes as I want to share this award with these fine blogging friends:




Cora at Little Miss What's Her Name. I have been following Cora's journey for a while now and I love the sense of humor that she shares. Her hubby Jim leaves some of the sweetest and funniest comments too. Her paperwork has made it to the review room and even though she is still waiting, she is always so optomistic.





Gail at Aging with Grace and Strong Will. Gail and I are both raising a daughter and strong-'will'ed boys. I love catching up with what they are doing and seeing her pictures of the kids. She just celebrated her 300th post. Amazing!




Amy at When Love Takes You In. She and her hubby are celebrating the long awaited referral of their daughter Lynnmarie. They should be traveling soon so her blog is one to watch. I love her Monday Meditations...inspiring!




Tina at One Blessed Nest. We almost got to meet in China but we traveled about a month after her family. We both adopted cleft affected children and I have loved watching her littlest one join the nest. They are an amazing family.




Janelle at Wise Tales. Janelle and I first 'met' when she was one of my secret pals.
I have loved watching her Chloe grow and change. She completes beautiful scrapbook pages and they are on display on her blog. One of these days, I will learn how to do that.




M at Faith, Hope and Love. M is someone that amazes me. We lead very different lives and at the same time, we have a bond. I am a working Mom, working 2 jobs to support my wee ones and M is a Mom who home schools her son. Home schooling is something that fascinates me and I love checking in to see what cool new field trip they have gone on or what new project they are involved in.




Mel at Waiting for Amelia. Mel is my friend and we have known each other for years. She is one of Graeme's Godmothers and I am blessed to know her. She has been there for me a lot lately just to listen. She will be hearing about her Amelia anytime now so her blog will be one to watch too!




Allie at Adopting Quincie. Allie and I traveled together to adopt Quincie and Graeme and we bonded. We bonded before we ever landed in China and I count her as a dear friend. She blogs with detail and just lays her heart and soul out there. You see we all knew that Quincie had a heart condition but right before we traveled we found out that she may also have a hearing impairment. Quincie is deaf and has a rare type of deafness where the latest technology, a cochlear implant, will not enable to her to hear. The entire story is in great, heart wrenching detail on Allie's blog along with all the fun and silly moments that occur with a family of five children.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Thank you Margaret, I'm honored that you would give me the award. You made my day. :)
Yes, we do have 2 strong-willed little pistols(ahem...boys) don't we? Makes life more interesting.

Take care friend,

Gail

And I'll be checking out the other blogs you gave the award to.

FHL said...

Thank you Margaret for this sweet award! It gave me a huge smile.....which I SO needed today!

Hugs,
M~ :o)

Amy said...

Margaret, thanks so much for checking in on my blog and leaving the comment. Oh my goodness, we DO think alike! Can't wait to read your blog and check in on the other friends you've honored...

Blessings,
Amy

p.s. Your children are precious and I LOVE their names!

frogglet said...

Thanks for the sweet words. I will post tomorrow afternoon about awards, Finally