CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

I can't Imagine...

When we first accepted Graeme's referral, he instantly became our son. He is not yet our son legally but in our hearts, he is ours. I don't quite know how to explain that to those who have not adopted. It is almost like it is our moment of conception. We know we have a baby and we worry and wonder and hope and dream. We are buying clothes and planning his room and waiting, waiting and waiting to travel to bring him home. We can not even ask for an update until we have waited 3 months. I hope we don't have to wait that long. We have already sent him one care package and are getting ready to send another care package. He is our son and a part of our family! We talk about him every day while we WAIT!

With that said, I can not imagine what Tymm and Laura or Jason and Stephanie are going through. They both had referrals for baby boys from the same orphanage in Ethiopia. Within a week, they have both found out that their sons have passed away. I am filled with grief for these families who I have never met. Our thoughts and prayers are with them during this unbelievable time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tymm and Laura are great friends of ours and we grieve with them and the other family.

Praying for all!


Beautiful BLog my friend

amy

Maia said...

Yes, it is just heartbreaking and inconceivable. That makes four total that I've heard of recently. Too sad.

redmaryjanes said...

What a beautiful blog you have. Thank you for stoppiong by mine. I hope that your son is home soon. He is just darling.