CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Thinking about Graeme

I have spent a lot of time today thinking about Graeme. I have spent a lot of time since seeing his picture thinking about him. I have the most quiet time as I wake up in the morning or just before falling asleep at night. As I wake up, I think about him going to sleep and hope that he has sweet dreams. I hope he giggles in his sleep like Lily does. As I go to sleep, I wonder about his day and hope that he is well fed, happy and loved. I also think about him quite often throughout the week. This week was especially interesting. As some of you know, I am in private practice with a few friends and we provide speech and language therapy for children through our states Birth to Three program. This week I evaluated not one but two, two-year-old boys. One of the boys was just 2 months older than Graeme. As I was going through the evaluation, I really wondered about our son and where he will fall in all of the different areas. I have spoken to many friends about the services he will need (it helps to have friends who are also therapists!) As I did with Lily, I know every detail of the pictures that we have of him. If I were an artist, I could paint him in my sleep. Now, I want to know what the picture doesn't show me. I want to know about his personality. Is he quiet or boistrous? Is he strong willed like the rest of his family? What makes him cry and what makes him laugh from deep within? These are the things I think about the most these days! I just can't wait to KNOW him!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ahh, you've captured the emotions of this time so well.

joining you in praying for his welfare until you can be with him.

and what a lucky boy to have wonderful resources waiting for him if he needs them!

Tymm said...

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. They mean the world to us.

Tymm & Laura
www.babyhoffman.com