CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

A little hard work

We spent today rearranging the house. It is time to convert the guest room into Graeme's room. It is a much bigger projectthan initially anticipated. We are rearranging closets and furniture. Lily is moving from a toddler bed to a big girl bed in her room. It was a little sad to take off her crib bedding. I am storing it away for a year or two....just in case. Hopefully tomorrow we will begin to paint in Graeme's room. The walls in there are a medium green with a dark green trim (the way it was when we bought the house). We are painting them a light, powder blue with white trim. It will be quite a transformation from the dark green to white. It is exciting to see it all come together.

We are also collecting the last of the quilt squares. My friends and family have been sending some wonderful fabrics along with geat wishes for Graeme. I will have to find time to photograph those and add them to the blog. I hope to start his quilt soon. It took me 2 months to do Lily's and I am sure it will take me that long to do his. I have really missed sewing every evening since I finished hers. I hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Maia said...

Painting rooms is such a satisfying transformation. I loved painting the kitchen and bedroom when we moved into our new house. Our bedroom is a warm medium blue - like a summer twilight - and I still love it...it has never gotten old!

Unknown said...

we enjoyed readying Chloe's room, too - it definatly makes it feel like your child is actually COMING!

I'd love to work on a room for Stella, but first we need to build the house!

Yoli said...

You have such a lovely blog. Your little girl is so cute. I had the same feelings when I switched Sally from the crib to a toddle bed. It was definitely bittersweet. I felt that part of her babyhood was over. Now she sleeps in her bed with Dora covers since Barney is for babies...snif.