CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

NEW PICTURES!!!!

This wait has been so long and as some of our closest friends know, I have had the hardest time over the last few days. When we got Graeme's picture, I projected when I thought we would travel and according to the projections, we should be in China NOW!! We aren't and are still waiting LOA....day 123 for those counting with me. I have just really struggled and worried about him over the last few days. We have been following Becky and Dave's journey to Cassie and they visited the orphanage last night/day China time and got to spend some time with our son. Becky is my newest hero as she got Graeme to laugh and be silly. These are the first non serious pictures we have seen of our son!!! They wrote about their emotional journey to the orphanage on their blog. You can click on Carlsen Crew in my list of favorite blogs and when you get to their home page, click on blog. Dave wrote the post and it is an amazing account of their experience!
Our first SMILE...Not only is he smiling, he is laughing out loud! We are thrilled!
His big sister, Lily, knows how to cut her eyes just like this....so CUTE!
Becky is giving our son a hug from his Mom and Dad

So Inquisitive

I am so ready to go get him!!!

He is getting bigger!

Now this is a shy look like the ones we are used too!!!

This is a quote from our e-mail from Becky, "So, a little about your boy! First of all, he is just darling! He hung back a little at first, checking us out. But as you can see, as soon as I picked him up he let out this big grin. Just warmed my heart. He is such a handsome little guy. He is a little taller than Cassie, and he was probably a little heavier as well. For size, you would be safe with 24mth, or 2T at the max, but I lean more towards the 24 mth..."
The information has really given me peace and hope. She also said, " :) It felt so nice to give him a hug, and I told him that Mama was coming soon. (if I could have packed him up, we’d have brought him home to you!) " If only she could have...sigh...! Soon Graeme Soon!


12 comments:

Kelley said...

Oh my goodness! He is such a charmer! I'll bet that you have so many mixed feelings with those pictures...happiness of course at seeing him smiling and having a great time, but also an increased longing to have him right NOW! I'm hoping that the process will speed up for you and that you can get that gorgeous little guy soon!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Oh Margaret...what a special, priceless gift! I know you just want to reach in that photo and pull him out! It always makes me sad to see the babies left in the cribs behind the scenes...especially when they are big enough to be outside the crib playing and running. I'm so happy your Graeme sent you a smile...he knew that hug was from his mama...thats why he was smiling! :) Hang in there...I don't know what the stinkin hold up in with these letters of the alphabet we are waiting for!!! Hugs from St. Louis!

FHL said...

Oh what a gift to recieve those photos and such wonderful assurance that your boy is doing well! I'm so glad that your friend was able to see him and share that time with you....hang in there.

Grannymary said...

He is just wonderful. Can't wait to hold him in my arms. Hang in there and I pray you can get your precious boy very soon.

Love, Mom

redmaryjanes said...

Oh, he is just so handsome! I can't believe it's taking so long either. I can't imagine how hard it is to have a photo and be waiting once you know you have your child.
Big hug!
Have a great weekend.

Truly Blessed said...

Oh Margaret,

I am in tears for you right now. Tears of joy that a Mom held your boy and gave him a hug for you, that he looks healthy and capable of happiness, but tears of sorrow that he had to be put back down and left there.

I know your heart is breaking at this wait. As I've said before, there are some thing that will NEVER make sense, this side of heaven. This delay in getting Graeme is one of them.

I'll say an extra prayer that you get your LOA TODAY.

I love that Becky and Dave and other wonderful people like them have compassion on those of us who still wait and ask to photograph our children and get mini-updates on them for us while we wait. I have a couple of special people in mind as they did the same for us while we were waiting for Katie, and also for our sweet Elizabeth who is still in Jiangxi.

Someday I hope I'm able to be a blessing to a waiting family like they have been to you.

Waitingfaithfully said...

Oh Margaret,

Just look at your boy, he's beautiful! What a smile! And there is nothing like new pictures to help your waiting heart. Please know that I have been checking in on your blog, and praying everyday for your LOA.
I know that those last few days (when I thought I couldn't take one more day) turned out to be the very end of our wait--it has to be soon. Come on CCAA, this mama needs to go get her smiling boy! So happy for the great update on Graeme, he looks very healthy . . . and I do agree, perhaps a bit mischevious!

One more verse . . . one that I hung on to, and am still hanging on to, as I wait for the Lord to work out the final details on this journey to Teddi . . .

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything to hard for Me?"
Jer.32:27

It'll happen, praying it's today!!

Blessings~

Tina

Unknown said...

oh wow! These are just awesome!

Deanna said...

Wonderful pictures! It's so great that Dave & Becky were able to visit Graeme for you and give him hugs.
Can't wait to hear that you have your LOA!

OH MY #6 said...

This post just took my breath away. gosh, what a long wait you have had.

Lea

Maia said...

What a handsome boy! It's wonderful to see him in action. Seeing that smile is really something else.
I so feel for you with this long, long wait. You can't have much longer to go before you hold him, I'm convinced. You've been through the bulk of it, and as hard as it's been, you're in the home stretch. Keep the faith!

BRfriends said...

Hey, Margaret, Lily, and Wes! So wonderful to see new pictures of your darling Graeme. We know you must be so excited and anxious to get him home. We'll be sending up prayers daily here from B.R. that you'll get all green lights -- and soon! Meanwhile, feel our love and prayers coming your way. Hugs, Angela, Dewey, Hope & Drew